About Institutional Planning Office
The Institutional Planning Office (IPO) is under the direct supervision of the Office of the University President (OP) per BiPSU Governing Board Resolution No. 45-A series of 2019. Before this, the office was called the "Planning Services Office" and was under the supervision of the Vice President for Planning, Research, Extension, and Production Services.
OP Special Order No. 01-B series of 2021 has officially designated Mr. Joedel Peñaranda as the IPO's director following his appointment as Planning Officer III effective January 4, 2021. He succeeded Engr. Jean Paul Logronio as director. The said special order outlines the functions, duties, and responsibilities of the office:
- Assist in the formulation of the strategies, policies, programs, and procedures for the preparation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of educational development plans, priorities, programs, and projects of the University taking into account the sectoral or regional and national development plans;
- Establish linkages, consortium opportunities, and other forms of coordination/cooperative relationship with local, regional, national agencies, offices, and schools necessary for planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of educational development plans, programs, projects, and activities of the University;
- Assist in the conduct of strategic planning and other similar activities and consolidate the outputs in said planning activities and submit the same to the University President, through a channel, for review, and to the Board for approval;
- Prepare and consolidate annual and periodic reports and disseminate the same to the University President including plans, programs, projects, and activities for proper action; and
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, which the President of the University or Board may authorize.